ISO 14001 Training Considerations
The decision to pursue and obtain ISO 14001 Registration is an important step in any organizations maturity. It speaks to the commitment of the organization, its management, and its employees to embrace the world’s most important and widely held environmental management system, and therefore realize all the challenges and benefits that it offers. So it follows that garnering the knowledge needed to be successful should be gained through an effective training program offered by an experienced ISO 14001 Training firm. Quality Resource Center offers a full suite of ISO 14001 Training modules that are easily customizable to meet your organizations unique needs.
ISO 14001:2004 sets out the criteria for an environmental management system and can be certified to. It does not state requirements for environmental performance, but maps out a framework that a company or organization can follow to set up an effective environmental management system. It can be used by any organization regardless of its activity or sector. Using ISO 14001:2004 can provide assurance to company management and employees as well as external stakeholders that environmental impact is being measured and improved.
Our ISO 14001 Training Modules can be delivered at our state of the art training center in northern California’s beautiful Silicon Valley and include-
- ISO 14001 Executive Overview Training
Designed for the busy executive and his or her staff. Quality Resource Center offer 1, 2, and 4 hour versions to help the executive team gain an understanding of the ISO 14001 Standard, what it requires, and what it offers to the executive team.
- ISO 14001 Deployment Team Overview Training
Designed for the Deployment Team. Quality Resource Center offers 4, 8, and 16 hour versions to help the functional team and its managers an understanding of the ISO 14001 Standard, what it requires, and what it offers to the organization.
- ISO 14001 Aspects and Impacts Training
The relationship between Environmental Aspects and Environmental Impacts can be best described as “CAUSE” and “EFFECT”. One “CAUSE” could have one or multiple “EFFECT”.
- Definition of Environment in ISO 14001:2004 – Surroundings in which an organization operates, including air, water, land, natural resources, flora, fauna, humans, and their interrelation.
- Definition of Environmental Aspects in ISO 14001:2004 – Any element of an organization’s activities or products or services that can interact with the environment.
- Definition of Environmental Impacts in ISO 14001:2004 – Any change to the environment, whether adverse or beneficial, wholly or partially resulting from an organization’s environmental aspects.
- Examples of Environmental Aspects
- Emissions to air (smoke, dust, odor, fumes, etc.)
- waste water discharge to water stream or land
- waste discharge to land
- use of material, energy and resources
- noise generation
- Examples of Environmental Impacts
- air pollution
- water pollution
- land pollution
- noise pollution
- natural resources/conservation
Quality Resource Center’s ISO 14001 “Aspect & Impacts” Training will arm your Organization with the ability to clearly understand both.
- Setting Environmental Goals
The goals you set and the measurement you apply to the will drive the information you want to derive from your system. It will significantly impact the resources you deploy to realize those goals. Quality Resource Center is expert in the analysis, design, and measurement of environmental goals.
- ISO 14001 Internal Auditor Training & Certification
Internal Audits are a vital requirement of ISO 14001. Whether you choose to outsource your Internal Audit program to a team of seasoned professionals, or pick up the challenge internally, having a team of successfully trained and certified Internal Auditors will provide invaluable expertise to your organization. Quality Resource Center offers a 16 hour training, testing and certification program that thousands of people have successfully completed since 2004.
In summary, no other firm offers the breadth and scope of ISO 14001 Training programs that Quality Resource Center has been offering for nearly a quarter century.
Request a Quote
If you’re considering ISO 14001 Certification Training for specific modules, or a customized curriculum designed to meet your specific needs, we invite you to contact us for a complimentary consultation Toll Free at (800) 244-5409 or Email Us.